IN THIS EPISODE:
I talk to Keira about her experience of navigating the silence of Purity Culture around bodies, pleasure, and relationships as she prepared for marriage and how things have evolved for her now.
- Keira talks about growing up in a Christian household and the educational information withheld from her from an early age.
- The damaging information she did receive and how that affected her intimate relationship with her husband.
- The guilt, shame and dirty feelings she held on to for years and how Wanting It More helped her and her husband finally overcome the engrained messaging from purity culture.
- Her journey through her experience with painful intercourse and what she’s learned so far.
- The dramatic turning point that helped her rethink her body and the meaning of intimacy in marriage in an entirely new light.
My Program: Wanting It More
LISTEN TO THE FULL EPISODE:
ENJOY THE SHOW?
- Stay up-to-date by following the podcast on Spotify or Apple
- Leave a review on Apple Podcasts or Rate This Podcast
- Join in the convo by leaving a comment below!