IN THIS EPISODE:
Women often ask me some version of this question: “How do I get over not liking to be touched? I used to love it and now I just want to be left alone.”
The options aren’t usually great; it’s either stay quiet and will yourself to like it (which leads to resentment and aversion) or stop touching each other altogether (which leads to disconnection and feeling broken).
In this episode, I attempt to share another way forward- one that doesn’t involve feeling guilty or pushing yourself!
We talk about:
- The three “steps” towards initiating more touch with your husband
- The two main causes of “touch pressure” and what to do about them
- Why unlearning cultural messages about acceptable touch is critical before getting curious about what you like
- How my husband and I create space for me to initiate touch.
My Program: Wanting It More
LISTEN TO THE FULL EPISODE:
ENJOY THE SHOW?
- Stay up-to-date by following the podcast on Spotify or Apple
- Leave a review on Apple Podcasts
- Join in the convo by leaving a comment below!