IN THIS EPISODE:
Amber describes being raised in a strict abstinence culture and the challenges that messaging has had on her 18-year marriage. We talk about:
- The impossible task of flipping the switch on her wedding day and why she cried on her honeymoon.
- The book on marriage she was given by her mother and the skewed messages about intimacy that made her feel broken and alone.
- How patterns of disassociation during intimacy led to feelings of deep resentment toward her husband.
- The damaging but all-too-common advice she was given by her counselor, her mother, and even her female doctor.
- The realization her marriage was cheated out of true intimacy and what she and her husband are doing to heal together.
- The power of community that contributed to her growth and healing after hearing familiar stories of women from around the globe.
My Program: Wanting It More
LISTEN TO THE FULL EPISODE:
ENJOY THE SHOW?
- Stay up-to-date by following the podcast on Spotify or Apple
- Leave a review on Apple Podcasts or Rate This Podcast
- Join in the convo by leaving a comment below!