IN THIS EPISODE:
Janna speaks with Michelle Mays – author, innovator and counselor with over 20 years of experience treating sexual betrayal and trauma.
- Janna talks about discovering a 14-year betrayal in her marriage and Michelle shares her own betrayal story.
- Reasons why partner betrayal is so complex compared to other forms of trauma.
- The stories of rationalization, minimization and justification used by cheating partners to make their behaviour ok.
- The lying, manipulation, scapegoating and gaslighting experienced by partners during the discovery of betrayal.
- The cycle of shame that comes with wanting to simultaneously connect and disconnect from a cheating partner
- The vital importance of restoring the relationship with oneself after experiencing partner betrayal.
My Program: Wanting It More
Michelle Mays: https://michellemays.com/
LISTEN TO THE FULL EPISODE:
ENJOY THE SHOW?
- Stay up-to-date by following the podcast on Spotify or Apple
- Leave a review on Apple Podcasts or Rate This Podcast
- Join in the convo by leaving a comment below!